Located 2.5km south of the little seaside village of Urunga, Hungry Head has been the Urunga town beach since before the Surf Club was established in 1946. The beach, however, has maintained its natural setting with the only development being a park and picnic area on the headland, and the surf club tucked in between the head and the ever changing mouth of the Dalhousie Creek.
Urunga SLSC is a small Surf Life Saving Club attached to the North Coast Branch of NSW. The Branch includes Minnie Waters/Wooli, Red Rock/Corindi, Woolgoolga, Coffs Harbour, Sawtell, Bellinger Valley-North Beach, Urunga and Nambucca Heads.
Major sponsors and supporters of our club are Bellingen Newsagency, Anchors Wharf Cafe, Craig Delahunty Building Services, The Ocean View Hotel, Bellingen Shire Council, The Athletes Foot Coffs Harbour, Bellingen Solar Depot and Solar Ark. The major sponsor of our Junior ‘Nippers’ club is Cardow & Partners Property, Urunga. Our club sincerely appreciates everything that these wonderful supporters do to assist us.